Context of the e-ManTRA project
AFT initiated the e-ManTRA project in autumn 2020 to respond to the situation generated by Covid-19 and to prepare for digital education.
Transport & Logistics (T&L) trainings were indeed strongly impacted by the sudden transition to 100% distance learning. In France, a Carif-Oref survey on training during the first lockdown showed that 75% of T&L training has been suspended, one of the highest rates.
The e-ManTRA project concentrates on trainings for transport managers at level 5 of the European qualifications framework (EQF) as this person plays a central role in T&L companies and manages the organisation of transport, drivers and customer relations.
It is therefore key for the sector to ensure the continuity of these trainings and to equip them with effective and inclusive tools, training material and teaching methods to ensure distance teaching and online learning, continuous learner monitoring as well as the evaluation of achieved learning outcomes.
The e-ManTRA project intends to:
- Guide learners and teachers for an optimised digital learning experience
- Improve digital education readiness through the provision of free (OER) and inclusive online tools and innovative resources for training providers
- Allow for flexible combinations of a distance, blended and in-class learning offer
- Provide teachers with useful decision-making tools to design and implement innovative training approaches specifically tailored to digital learning needs
- Overcome the hurdles of the Covid-19 pandemic by facilitating distance learning formats
1. Guide with innovative pedagogies for the implementation of inclusive distance or blended training
This guide will be made available as an online interactive table allowing teachers to quickly find methods according to their needs:
- Through pre-selected implementation criteria (e.g. individual/group work, synchronous/asynchronous, learner autonomy required, ease of appropriation for teachers/students, etc.)
- According to the training objectives targeted
- For each pedagogical proposal, the advantages and disadvantages are explained (e.g. a solution may be interactive and dynamic, but have the disadvantage of requiring a lot of time for correction or for restitution, etc.)
2. Guidance material to help students in EQF level 5 trainings in T&L in Europe to adapt to online/distance learning
- General advice
- Points to watch out for
- Advice on the use of the digital resources developed within this project
- Self-assessment quiz and advice according to the result
3. Three innovative digital resources on, among other things, the ESR (European Social Regulation) changes related to the entry into force of the Mobility Package:
- Virtual multi-user environment for group work (advantage over traditional e-learning platforms)
- An educational game on ESR that can be played in groups on a smartphone or individually via an LMS
- An online "escape game": like a real "escape room", learners will find themselves "locked" in a complex professional situation of a transport manager. To escape, they will have to find the keys/codes to solve different problems that will allow them to progress in the game.
4. Experimentation of the teaching resources and tools in real life, evaluation and recommendations
AFT has gathered seven complementary partners from six European countries (Finland, France, Germany, Romania, Spain and Sweden) representing different groups of stakeholders and beneficiaries:
- 1 sectoral association in charge of developing training in T&L
- 2 national training providers with own pedagogical engineering departments
- 1 network of training providers
- 2 public high schools
- 1 SME developing e-learning tools
Digitalisation of CPC training
AFT and 4 European partners are also working on GamingDRV, a european project which aims to develop a series of modules and concepts for gamified virtual driver training.
Informations annexes au site
Le contact du projet
Responsable de projets :
Sarah Köneke 06 84 50 28 37
Le contact du projet
Chargée de projets :
Solène Rosiau 06 15 59 70 01